Login Form

#144 – Captcha problems

Posted in ‘BF Survey’
This is a public ticket. Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.
Tuesday, 25 February 2014 21:52 AEDT
HAI
Joomla! version: 2.5.18

Good morning,

I have 2 problems with BF Survey Plus.

1. I want to use Captcha. I have installed reCaptcha , I have choose it as default, I use public and private key, my joomla version is 2.5.18 but when I choose to use captcha in BF Survey Plus is not showing and I receive an error message when I try to pass 1st page of survey.
In other extention (Fox contact) reCaptcha working properly.

2. When I try my website in an offline testing environment, I noticed that when it is starting BF Survey, I trying to access google website. What is trying to access ? I ask that because of security reasons.

Thank you
Diamantis Christou
Tuesday, 25 February 2014 22:20 AEDT 10'
Tim
BF Quiz Plus 3 Years, BF Survey 12 Months
Hi Diamantis,
The main problems I see with ReCaptcha is either the public & private keys are missing, or the site is affected by the ReCaptcha URL change that occurred around the release of Joomla 2.5.16 & 3.2.0, however it is my understanding that this issue was fixed in Joomla 2.5.17.
http://seepeoplesoftware.com/blog/231-joomla-recaptcha-fix.html
Is ReCaptcha set as default captcha in your global config?

With regards to the software accessing Google, my first thought is that ReCaptcha is owned by Google so perhaps that is what you are seeing. My other thought is that it might be the Akeeba Liveupdate software which possibly loading something. I know that I haven't written any code that calls Google for any reason. Another thought is maybe your site template is loading JQuery dynamically from Google.

regards

Tim
Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/tamlynsoftware
Tuesday, 25 February 2014 23:02 AEDT
HAI
Thank you Tim,

The problem with reCaptcha was that the testing environment wasn't the domain I had register in reCaptcha, so the public and private keys was wrong! I change the registration and everything is ok.

As for google access, I take into consideration that you haven't insert any code, and I will try to find out what's happening using your suggestions.

Thanks again
Diamantis
This ticket is closed, therefore read-only. You can no longer reply to it. If you need to provide more information, please open a new ticket and mention this ticket's number.
Go to top